STRIDE ADAPTIVE SNOWSPORTS INSTRUCTOR
Ski or Snowboard instructor assigned to teach adaptive ski or snowboarding to guests who have cognitive and or developmental disabilities. This is a seasonal volunteer/non-paid position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be knowledgeable in the principles and application of teaching adaptive snowsports, and the ability to demonstrate and communicate that knowledge clearly and positively.
- Be able to maintain a safe learning environment for guests with special needs.
- Be enthusiastic and outgoing.
- Accept all assignments with equal enthusiasm.
- Be professional and knowledgeable in all aspects of the mountain resort, including but not limited to lodging, food and beverage, and lifts.
- Be well groomed and in proper uniform including a turtleneck, jacket, and name tag.
- Able to adhere to both STRIDE and your home mountain resort’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Able to be punctual and adhere to a set schedule.
- Be able to attend indoor training sessions beginning in October
- Must be 15 yrs.or older
- Able to ski/board to an intermediate or “blue square” level
- Have reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. or more
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org