APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE 2019 – 2020 SEASON
The Yawgoo Valley Snow Sports Apprentice Training Course (ITC) is an opportunity for you to gain the skills and an understanding of effectively delivering a lesson, while improving your own skiing/riding. Our certified pros work with ITC participants in small groups to enhance skiing or riding skills, while sharing methods for communicating those skills to others. Each participant will receive plenty of individual feedback and learn how to teach the basics.
- · The ITC provides 20 hours of combined classroom and on hill instruction based on the Professional Ski Instructors of America and American Association of Snowboard Instructors (PSIA – AASI) American Teaching System.
- · The ITC improves your skiing or snowboarding skills while giving you an overview of the job.
- · The ITC addresses the fundamentals of teaching beginner lessons including creating a safe learning environment, understanding and communicating with students, and teaching skill building progressions for success of the sport.
- Candidates will be evaluated by written and on the hill assessments.
- You will face rewarding challenges and make new friends as you improve your skills and progress from skier/rider to Instructor.
- · Successful participants will receive a certificate of completion and be asked to join the YVSS staff.
Course Fee – $125.00 (one time fee) for Yawgoo Valley Snowsports Apprentice Training program including combined 20 hours of classroom and on the hill training. All training will be held at Yawgoo Valley. Successful candidates will be invited to join the YVSS Staff.
Course Dates: Recruitment Day, Saturday, February 23, 2019 – Join us for the day to learn about Yawgoo Valley Snowsports, becoming a Snowsports Apprentice and experience an on snow training session.