Yawgoo Valley Snowsports Scholarships
In efforts to provide quality snow sports instruction to students, YVSS encourages instructors to further their knowledge and skills through training clinics held on site and to attend off site training offered and conducted by PSIA-AASI. Last season $400 was awarded to YVSS staff members. This season YVSS Management would like to support the Instructor staff by providing a total of $600 in scholarship funds towards event fees for PSIA-AASI training events. Scholarship awards will be given to six Alpine Instructors, six Snowboard Instructors and in the amount of $50 each.
Application Deadline is December 31st, 2019.
There is an application and review process. General requirement listed below.
- Instructors need not be members of PSIA-AASI.
- Open to all 2nd year Instructors who have committed at least to Tier 1 status and have honored their commitments.
- Instructors who exhibit true professionalism.
- Instructors may not receive scholarships in two consecutive seasons.
- Scholarship awards are towards event fees only.
- You must submit an application prior to deadline.
- You must present proof of registration, payment and attendance prior to receiving funds.
- Award recipients must give back to the school by sharing their newly gained knowledge and skills at a clinic or write a review for the school’s newsletter.
The YVSS Scholarship program is intended to lessen the burden of event fees associated with a PSIA/AASI training event. It is not for travel, lodging, or personal fees.